Friday, April 01, 2011

NEW NAME, NEW HORIZONS!

Welcome to the new look of L'Vintagent!  Your favorite vintage motorcycle website is now under the protective wing of peerless luxury brand LVMH, owners of Louis Vuitton, Marc Jacobs, Zenith watches, Christian Dior perfume, Dom Perignon champagne... the finest things in life.
 LVMH has long held a profound interest in the Vintage car and motorcycle movement, sponsoring the Louis Vuitton Concours d'Elegance (above) for many years.  Those who appreciate the finest old vehicles understand that luxury is always the best value, and with the recent stratospheric rise in visibility of top-tier motorcycles, and the enthusiastic arrival of automotive collectors to the world of two-wheeled excellence, L'Vintagent is already the gold standard.
Our new editor needs no introduction; Mr. Pitt is an enthusiastic collector of Vintage and Custom machinery, and will delight readers with unique reflections on his motorcycling, career, and family life. And what a family!  Watch for his intimate portrait of his wife, currently filming 'Tail of the Devil', the incredible life story of Marie Therese von Hammerstein, in which Ms. Jolie executes her own stunts on a cleverly disguised 1961 Triumph TR6.  "If Bud Ekins can do it, so can I," says the plucky Angelina! 
Mr. d'Orléans will continue to draw a devoted following with his 'I'll go anywhere' attitude, and 'I'll ride anything' reportage.  His premier article for L'Vintagent is the first road test of the latest LVMH project: a resurrection of the visionary Sinclair C5, completely updated and with a tremendously powerful new engine, which will change every concept of a 'commuter vehicle', forever!

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness, I was growing tired of all the oily greasy stuff. A little refinement to the motorcycle world and clean finger nails at long last hoorah!

mp said...

Whats going on here, Its comedy to me ha ha

Anonymous said...

L'Vintagent was the first thing I read this AM, so L'Vintagent had to kick-start the cognitive mechanisms. Problem was that being a slow starter, it took them a while to get rolling. Well done!!!

rudgerudge said...

Oh Paul, you are a worry, we hang on by our fingernails to your superb reportage, the loss or depreciation of which would leave us devoid of one of lifes' pleasures!
PhilR.

Anonymous said...

I have seen a lot of ballsy April 1st, but this one tops the list. Or is it not an April fool? Actually, it's amazing both ways...


Cheers from Vietnam, John.

Anonymous said...

Interesting of how life will become and turn out... since I was lived cross street, during the late 90s from Mr. P. d'Orléans @ San Francisco...

Other Jeff

Anonymous said...

April Fool! Hahahahahaha....

Mark D

Anonymous said...

we knew him way back when....

Duff

Anonymous said...

Brilliant, the C5!
Tracey T

Anonymous said...

But Brad won't reply to my mail!....

Chris D

The Vintagent said...

Of course he will! ;)

Sleeping Dog said...

Glad I was on my second cup of coffee and another MC blog tried fooling me with the report that Rossi would drop MotoGP for the Dakar, reminding me of the date.

A good one though, as it is imminently believable.

GuitarSlinger said...

Oh please please please let this be one very clever and well crafted April Fools joke .

Another quality site going the " No Brow " route I cannot abide by .

Here's hoping !!!

L'Vinragent indeed ! If its not a joke I'll probably have to start going by El Mariachi :o)

camerabanger said...

I put the pistol to my head and was about to pull the trigger when I looked at the date...!
Don't do that again!!

Nortley said...

A happy March 32 to you too, Paul.

Healeyman said...

You got me good!

Anonymous said...

I keep a low profile follow up on the Vintagent and never commented anything, although this marvellous resource is an everyday mandatory visit to me.
Today you got me fooled.
It never crossed my mind to check the calendar, and I was getting nervous reading the post.
Thanks a lot for everything.
Rui (Portugal).

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to the signature cologne. Perhaps eau du petrol, or just l'hydrocarbon?

Grandpa Jimbo said...

DOH!!!! (sound of hand slapping head)! Jim A.

YJH said...

you are the only one and lonely : the ultimate d'Orléans

Zach Coss said...

Seriously? A 1961 TR6? Hmmm....

The Vintagent said...

@Camerabanger: of course I'll do it again - every April 1st. Keeps you on your toes...

Scroll down this list:

http://thevintagent.blogspot.com/search/label/April%27s%20Foolery

Anonymous said...

there was a engineer involved nuff said reminds me of the mv agusta scooter with the 125cc gp engine installed usafe at any speed lol

The Vintagent said...

Dave, its been so long! Thanks for the comment...and yes, I am the first person to drive the 'Roaring Mouse' without a Nomex fire suit!

Nick said...

I am new to your blog, and you do have a certain style that I admire. So the other day, when I loaded your page, I uh... well, you had me going there for a while!

Oy

Marc Jacob Handbags said...

I loved this pictures? Anyway, thanks so much for the cool link! It’s been favorited for future design inspiration. ;)

klooz said...

I wasn't so flabbergasted this year as last, when you became a Harley-ista!

Don O'Reilly said...

you had me for a minute there!

Anonymous said...

Dear Paul,

Yesterday's New York Times reports that Bernard Arnault, head of LVMH, having failed in his bid to acquire The Vintagent, has settled instead for the Bois de Boulougne, or at least a part of it. Probably an unsatisfactory alternative, from Arnault's point of view--after all, just before his try for The Vintagent he did pick up Bulgari--but still a nice piece of Parisian real estate on which Frank Gehry (who else?) is now building a 150,000-square-foot museum to show off some of the LVMH art collection. Local residents, all no doubt carrying Louis Vuitton bags as they protest, are putting up something of a fight, but with friends in high places, e.g., in the mayor's office, it's unlikely that Arnault will be thwarted this time. Apparently the courts are sympathetic to the opposition, but the National Assembly is preparing to enact a special law exempting the LVMH project from judicial constraints; the Senate has already approved the exemption. In contrast, The Vintagent was able to preserve its independence without an act of Congress. Sacre bleu!

James J. Ward